[Amps] A Crying Shame

n4gi at tampabay.rr.com n4gi at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Jan 29 09:53:36 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: ka1xo at juno.com

> Twelve "Fragile" stickers. Arrows. Big
> letters: "Do Not Drop: Glass."

Note that a bored min. wage box handler has ZERO reason to treat a "fragile" package any different than a "non-fragile" one.  Marking your delicate ham goodies is naïve and only an invitation to the chimp to keep himself entertained....

I received a linear amplifier via UPS last year.  The shipper of the unit was nice enough to mark "this side up" on the top....  After a good chuckle, I opened the box, got out my tools and started re-assembling the mess.  I'm still finding disconnected things inside the sucker several months later.

73,
Blake N4GI