[Amps] re a crying shame

kce kce at chartermi.net
Sat Jan 31 06:22:45 EST 2004

A couple of years ago I picked up a SB-200 off of screwbay. By the
description it sounded like a 10-4 good buddy was using the amp but for $155
I figured the salvage parts would be worth that. This guy after about 2
weeks of pushing him with a cattle prod finally ships the amp via USPS. When
it arrived I couldn't believe how he packed it. He had the amp in a big box
that looked like it sat in barn for 2 years, no more than two handfuls of
Styrofoam peanuts and a couple of handfuls of straw thrown in for good
measure. The biggest surprise of all was USPS delivered that amp without a
single scratch and it worked great right from the box. A even bigger
surprise was the amp contained the soft start and soft key mods. Sometimes
USPS will surprise you with the gentleness of handling and speed. Sometimes
E-Bay deals will really surprise you

Ken W8OB