[Amps] NEW DX-3 AMP FOR SALE

Thomas Hix w4th at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 31 04:59:40 EST 2004

Hello again....as most of you know I was in the hospital for 44 days and
just got home a few days ago.
While I was in the hospital my Brand New DX-3 Emtron amp came in....I had it
on order for over 9 months, and I finally got it....my amp....the one I had
always wanted.....My brother came and put it in the transformer for me and
we hooked up the amp.....it works beautifully.....2500 out (into a dummy
load of course) with only 25 watts of drive. No sparks no arcs.....it really
loads beautifully and  just works GREAT! The amp is rated at 3KW
continuous....but  3KW is just getting warmed up on this big boy.
I thought I was really going to enjoy my new dream amp......but then "IT"
came......"IT" looked innocent enough in "IT"S" white envelope.....but when
I opened "IT" I felt as if I had been hit in the gut with a sledge
hammer......"IT" was my hospital bill....."IT" was for over $62,000.00 "IT"
has ruined my plans for my new amp because I am going to be forced to sell
my beautiful new amp in order pay for all the "deductibles" my insurance did
not cover.....WHAT A BUMMER!!!
But my problem is someone's opportunity to save a lot of money on a brand
new Emtron DX-3.
A new DX-3 delivered to the US will cost about $5800.00 by the time you add
on shipping cost and customs charges.
I will sell mine for $5200.00.....I WILL NOT SHIP IT....I have heard the
horror stories about what happens to these big heavy amps when they are
shipped....so if someone wants this new DX-3....they will have to come to
Boaz, Alabama to pick it up. They will see the amp in operation, and will
know it is exactly what I say it is....."BRAND NEW" LESS THAN A WEEK
OLD.....and it is in a non smoking environment.
I also have a brand new spare GU78B tube I will sell to the buyer if they
wish to purchase a spare tube to put up for the future....I will give the
amp buyer a very good deal on the new GU78B.
The Emtron DX-3 comes with a 4 year warranty......the full 4 year warranty
will be transferred to the new buyer.
Of course I have the boxes the amp came in and the wooden crate the
transformer came in....I also have the owners manual and all packing
material for the amp.
If you are interested you can contact me at 256-593-0077 or just email me.
Thanks for your time.
73
Tom Hix....Tom's Tubes....W4TH

Tom's Tubes: Specializing in Amateur Radio Amplifier Tubes, Sockets, & G3SEK
Triode/Tetrode Boards and Kits.   http://www.tomstubes.com