[Amps] High Voltage inverter?

Bill Fuqua wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Fri Jul 9 10:15:53 EDT 2004

It appears that the primary is resonant with a capacitor across it. It must
be a sine or ringing inverter which would explain why they
only use one really big transistor (IGBT has G, E, C connections) rather
than a pair of power transistors.
Noise should be a matter of shielding if building an HV power supply and
you could turn it off when receiving.

73
Bill wa4lav