[Amps] HV fuse

Bill Fuqua wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Tue Jul 13 14:26:16 EDT 2004

I have thought about fabricating a device to protect tubes. Eimac claims
that if your crow bar circuit will protect a piece of  #30  copper wire
under short conditions it will protect the tube.
    What if you stretched a piece of #30 bare wire thru the center of a
piece of well grounded copper tubing. If your tube should flash over the
#30 or maybe #32 wire would vaporize and the vapor would immediately
conduct the current to the surrounding tubing rather than to the tube. or
put your sacrificial current limiting resistor in the center of the tube so
it would not only limit the peak current but also produce a plasma
conduction path to ground.
73
Bill wa4lav