[Amps] RE: 4CX250B Screen Supplies

Will Matney craxd1 at ezwv.com
Thu Jul 29 21:50:41 EDT 2004

Mike,

Yes, his last name was Waldrop. If memory serves me correctly, he worked
at the airport. You are correct about Majestic Communications, and Mr.
Waldrop was who designed them years ago. I don't know if he worked some
for Dick Orgal or he contracted out his help. This would have been in
the early to mid 70's I think it was. If your familiar with those grid
driven amps there at Majestic, that was what I modified and cleaned up.
The design actually made a decent 10 and 6 meter amp when done
correctly. Along with doing the power supply modifications, I added a
good low pass filter on their tail ends also.

Will Matney

"Perchance, Will, would you care to divulge a name of the "engineer" in
Memphis??? I've grown up with the ole' timers (elmers) most of whom are
now SK here in Memphis and just wonder who this might be. Of course you
know MACO here was churning out tons of grid driven sweep tube amps
during the 70's. I cut my teeth on the guys that built 1 or 2 by
4-1000's G-G with a swinging choke and a 4ufd oil cap. There were a half
dozen guys here at the top of the honor roll for DXCC hi....

Mike WD4EFI "