[Amps] Parts question.

Will Matney craxd1 at ezwv.com
Fri Jul 30 00:17:22 EDT 2004

Well,
Does anyone know if they still make ceramic disc capacitors with built
in spark gaps? They used to use these a lot in tube type color tv sets.
These were made to arc if the capacitor voltage was somewhat exceeded.
On the top of the disc, there was molded in a small spark gap. It had a
little cut in the ceramic separating the two electrodes. I was thinking
these would be handy in tetrode and triode circuits if they're still
being made. I've not seen any in years anywhere but haven't looked
either that much until now. If they do still make them, who is and where
is a possible supplier? Thanks all in advance.

Will Matney