[Amps] Switching the cathode circuits

Jim Isbell millenniumfalcon at cableone.net
Wed Jun 2 10:43:48 EDT 2004

My amp will have 5 tuned circuits in the cathode.  They are in a fully
enclosed/shielded box with a switch shaft out one side.  The problem is
ganging the Plate tank switch to the cathode switch.  Mechanically a
nightmare on my particular chassis.  SO what I am wondering about is
using a shielded cable 5" long from the cathode circuits  (under the
chassis) to the un used wafer on the band switch which is above the
chassis to do the switching.  Or moving the cathode circuit box to above
the chassis for a shorter connection to the unused wafer.

Would this be too close to the output tank?