[Amps] Bird 4410 Trhouble

EA2LU Jorge Daglio ea2lu at telefonica.net
Fri Jun 4 09:14:38 EDT 2004

Hi all,
sorry for a little off topic, but probably someone could help me.
A month ago (or more) I bought Ron Lumachi W2CQM a Bird 4410 wattmeter.
I received it really well packet and without any envelope damage,
unfortunately when
Test it (after read carefully his user manual) I found it didn´t  work
properly.
Throuble is: always meter goes full scale (mechanical stop), if I test
batery voltage
needle goes full scale, if I check power in any range (with apropiate RF
power) needle
goes full scale, if I check SWR turn the element with SWR 1 :1 needle are
quiet
in place, but if I detune a little bit the antenna coupler, then needle fast
goes full scale.
I have schematics, but the serial number of mine is 1540 lower than
schematics I
have.
Any kind of help would be very appreciate!
Thanks you very much in advance, and good weekend to all
73 de Jorge EA2LU
ea2lu at telefonica.net