[Amps] conditioning 3-500Z

John T. M. Lyles jtml at lanl.gov
Mon Jun 21 11:05:45 EDT 2004

I would recommend running them with rated filament voltage first 100
hours, and then backing that off to whatever needed to support your
cathode current requirement, plus a little, and leave them there.
Thats straight from the manufacturers app notes.

Nothing else. give them 30 minutes first time before hitting HV
switch, thats all.

And of course, filament and blower on, I can't imagine one without
the other. No need to run HV without drawing current.

john
K5PRO