[Amps] RE: Alpha 87A Problems Solved

ka1xo at juno.com ka1xo at juno.com
Mon Mar 1 00:54:47 EST 2004

Dear Andy,

A method I use to normalize the inputs of my various amplifiers is to switch the transceiver output directly into a 50 ohm dummy load, hit the antenna tuner start button and let the radio tune into a resistive load. I then turn off the automatic tuner in the radio and energize the amplifier keying with the amplifier tuning up into the 50 ohm dummy load next.

The amplifier output then goes into a manual antenna tuner to resolve complex impedances on the long wire.

Hal
KA1XO