[Amps] GLA 1000B

KI4DJN KI4DJN at insightbb.com
Tue Mar 9 13:09:39 EST 2004

Help
I am a new at amp repair, but very eager and cautious. I have found a 2 inch 30 gauge insulated wire on the inside back of my GLA 1000B near the antenna connector, attached to a bolted ground on the back casing on one end free on the other. For the life of me I can not find the other spot it was soldered to. The amp has been modified with the Far boards both the PS and RF boards using  EL-509 tubes. I have examined the schematics until I see ground connections in my sleep. I believe this is a ground for the antenna (rf) out but I hope one of the experts on this reflector can tell me for sure. This is a nice desktop amp for a beginner like me to start modifying.

73
Stu
 KI4DJN