[Amps] SB-200 80 Meter Dilemma (Thanks)

Ka7lpo at aol.com Ka7lpo at aol.com
Tue Mar 9 22:53:32 EST 2004

Dear Fellow Amateur Radio Operators,
I want to express my gratitude for all those who responded to my "help
needed" posting. I received many responses. I am not an engineering genius but have
been determined to apply my basic skills to the repair of my Heath SB-200 amp.
Your many suggestions made a direct impact on the success of its repair. I'm
happy because 1. I did it myself and 2. I received such great advise. I even
had one very generous ham send me some extra capacitors which I did not
have...all free.
The final fix for my amp was to improve the 80 meter swr in the tuned input
circuit by adding 1 additional mica cap to the tuned input circuit. And second,
I replaced the plate choke bypass cap (the original I'm sure .001uf 3kv) with
two new bypass caps. 80 Meters is working great now as well as the rest of
the bands.
Thank you again!
And 73,
KA7LPO