[Amps] AL-572 high input SWR

Gudguyham at aol.com Gudguyham at aol.com
Mon May 10 07:17:55 EDT 2004

In a message dated 5/9/04 11:06:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
k4ro at darkstar.k4ro.net writes:

> Before I go digging deeper, does anybody have any
> experience with this amp or suggestions on what may
> have failed?  Thanks for any assistance.

HI Kirk, it sounds to me that you have a dead tube.  There are 4 tubes in
that amp, and if one is dead it will upset the whole apple cart.  My bet is on
one dead tube or maybe 2 of them.  Time to start subbing in a few new tubes for
testing.  If a tube is dead, the filament can still be lit so don't go by
that.  Good Luck 73 Louie