[Amps] "Gammer Match"

ka1xo at juno.com ka1xo at juno.com
Tue May 25 17:47:14 EDT 2004

In cellular telephone construction the "Gammmer Match" is the successful sweep test done on the C sector, just like the
"Alpher" and "Baetter" sectors. The vernacular usage is the sweep testing tech at the base of the tower screams up to the tech at the antenna who is swapping 50 ohm loads, shorts, etc.: "Okay Joe, we gotta match on Gammer! Put the load on Alpher!"

In light of the 12-tube amp, I didn't see the proper parasitic chokes on the anodes. One small glitch and it's 12 tubes down the toilet.

Hal
KA1XO