[Amps] SB-220

Will Matney craxd1 at ezwv.com
Wed Nov 3 13:23:46 EST 2004

To all,

A quick question here, and may open up a big can of worms, if there is
no such things as parasitics in amplifiers, why do they all come with
parasitic suppressors on the anode leads? Now if I recall, a certain
somebody used to work for Ameritron I do think. So, don't Ameritron amps
all have parasitic suppressors on all their anode leads? If I recall,
and I'm not sure how far back, parasitic suppression has been used in
amps for 60+ years that I know of (1940's). I think it was that far back
or further, I can't remember. If I'm wrong on this let me know. Also,
I've seen some amps using two triodes, running in G-G, which have anode
voltage, and a cathode connection, run by their self without parasitic
suppression. After the suppression was installed, this self oscillation
ceased. Maybe it was a one time thing, I'm not sure, I didn't see it
tried again after that. Anyhow, if any or all could answer any of the
above, it would be welcome.

Will Matney