[Amps] pacemaker and hf amplifiers questions

Will Matney craxd1 at ezwv.com
Sun Nov 14 11:23:30 EST 2004

Larry,

I'm not a lawyer, or a judge so I really don't know for sure. If the
neighbor knew you had this, and didn't say anything, it would be his own
fault, not yours, or I would think. Does the neighbor know of any
possible problems he could have around strong RF fields? If he has been
informed, I don't think you would be liable. Now, if he was informed and
told you that you would have to quit using it, that would be a big
problem. If you continued, and something happened, you could be up the
creek without a paddle. Even though your licensed, there may be
restrictions because of this, I'm not really sure. Even though the
license says you can operate, won't stop a civil law suit either. That
law suit could be devastating by the costs alone. I do believe I'd have
a talk with the neighbors and see what they say. You may ought to get an
agreement in writing on this. If they've been warned of any hazard, and
they're all okay with it, then you would be in the clear. Even on a law
suit, the judge would first review the signed letter, and most likely
would throw the case out. It would probably be the best to have your
attorney draw up the letter too!

Best & 73's

Will Matney