[Amps] Shaded-pole Tube Blower

Karl-Arne Markström sm0aom at telia.com
Mon Nov 22 12:44:40 EST 2004

I have the same experience with 4CX250B's.

Sometimes the phase-sequence sensor for the 3-phase blowers in the
Standard Radio CT1000's 1 kW autotune PA's failed to sense backwards rotation
and the consequent very low cooling airflow. The net result of half an hour or so of "soak test"
usually were 4 very black tubes, that promptly were exchanged for new,
and the old ones run through a dishwasher and used for amateur radio projects...

These tubes had the same output as their "non blackened" brethren as far I can remember.

73/

Karl-Arne
SM0AOM