[Amps] Toms Tubes back up and running

craxd craxd1 at ezwv.com
Thu Oct 14 09:23:09 EDT 2004

Tom,

Good to see your back up and running.

I figured I'd mention this because of the request for the GU-84 socket.
There's two versions of the GU-84 tube, one slightly longer than the
other. The shorter version will not fit in the socket that has the built
in chimney (air system type). Tom has another socket, custom made that
should fit both. What happens on the shorter version, the anode fins
bottom out on the chimney and don't allow the tube to seat in the
socket. I was at a Russian site the other day, I forget where, and read
about this. Without knowing where a tube came from, it would be hard to
tell if it would fit the air socket, or not, unless one measured it to
one that would.

Will Matney