[Amps] gu84b tube length and sockets

Thomas Hix w4th at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 14 16:24:07 EDT 2004

will Matney said

"There's two versions of the GU-84 tube, one slightly longer than the
other. The shorter version will not fit in the socket that has the built
in chimney (air system type). Tom has another socket, custom made that
should fit both"
I was not aware that there were two versions of the gu84b tube.......has
anyone else run into this?
As to my custom made socket working for either length gu84b tube.....yes it
will work just fine because it does not come with the chimney......this
socket that I have custom made will also work for the gu78b tube as well.
Thanks to Will for bringing this to my attention.
73
Tom Hikx.....Tom's Tubes......w4th

Tom's Tubes: Amateur Radio Amp Tubes & Sockets, PEP Boards & VFO
Stabilizers, CW Keys, K4POZ Screwdriver Antennas & G3SEK Triode/Tetrode
Boards & Kits. http://www.tomstubes.com