[Amps] T-442?

StephenTetorka at cs.com StephenTetorka at cs.com
Fri Oct 15 12:24:39 EDT 2004

Hi guys:

I got myself a Kenyon audio xmfr... model T-442...for my 813 work-in-prgress.
The bugger is rated 600 watts and 45 lbs.

The good news is that the primary range is from 500 to 18,000 ohms with the secondary range from 200 to 19,000 ohms.
Seems like it could match heaven to hell hi hi.

The not-so-good news is that it has a plethora of lugs..26 to be exact..and I don't have the wiring diagram.

The lugs are in 'geometric' placement: pairs = 1/2,3/4,5/6,14/15,16/17 with 7 to 13 close packed....then the alphabetic = A/B,C/D with E to J ( J lug missing ) close packed.

I could take resistance readings, but I've read that some audio units have smaller diameter wire in the primary for better audio bandwidth.

I could also put a 6.3 vac to it to get the turns ratio -   primary to secondary =  sqrt500 = 22 to sqrt19k = 138...138/22 = 6.3
( interesting ) = 40 vac...etc.

However, the unit - as is - has a few wire jumpers soldered to connect  adjacent 'sets'...and I've seen some UTC Varimatch wiring diagrams where they connect twix & twain with crossover wiring.

All in all, looks like Combinations & Permuations are more than I wish to play with.

Anyone have a wiring diagram...and suggestions most welcome, naturally.

FYI - contacted both Dahl and Heyboer to get price on new unit...spec was basic info ...the Dahl/Heyboer price ratio is 3.67.

73
Steve
WA2TAK