[Amps] QSK for TL-922 - correction

Will Matney craxd1 at ezwv.com
Tue Oct 19 09:54:32 EDT 2004

After I wrote the reply, I went by Rich's website and took a look. This
uses two (2) SPDT vacuum relays, not one (1) DPDT. Sorry about that!

Schematic:   http://somis.org/D-a-07.GIF

Will Matney

 >Hello,

I think the way Rich has it is first he takes out the old antenna relay
and replaces it with a DPDT vacuum reed relay. Then the switching is
done from the jack(s) by either switching the coil to ground directly or
by using a transistor switch if the transmitter has positive switching.
This would allow either type of transmitter to be used. Next, when the
relay closes, current is drawn through an opto-isolator. This is turns,
puts a bias voltage on the base of a large transistor switch, and is
connected in series with the cathode lead of the tube. There's a diode
string in series here also to adjust the bias voltage. It goes back to
the B- supply, and through a resistor to ground for the plate current
meter. The power for the antenna relays coil is derived from a
rectifier/voltage-divider off the line voltage (+150 Vdc supply). I
don't think I left out anything, if so Rich will correct me.

Will Matney

QSKguy at aol.com wrote:

 > Hello,
 > I just bought an used TL-922 to get QRO and would like to use it in
QSK mode. I found the Richard Measure interesting site explaining how to
modify the TL-922 but I don't really understand.
 > Is there some TL-922 / QSK owner over there who can explain me how to
integrate this kit in an unmodified amp ? A schematic would be great too.