[Amps] QSK for TL-922

R.Measures r at somis.org
Tue Oct 19 10:27:28 EDT 2004

On Oct 19, 2004, at 4:33 AM, QSKguy at aol.com wrote:

> Hello,
> I just bought an used TL-922 to get QRO and would like to use it in
> QSK mode.
> I found the Richard Measure interesting site explaining how to modify
> the
> TL-922 but I don't really understand.

-  Two high-speed, SPST RF relays are used to replace the stock, pokey,
DPDT original T/R switching relay.  An electronic cathode bias switch
is used to replace the bias switching relay next to the fan.  ///  note
-- the reason that a SPST vacuum relay is required to switch the output
is that no DPDT vacuum relay is fast enough.

> Is there some TL-922 / QSK owner over there who can explain me how to
> integrate this kit in an unmodified amp ?

Make a bracket to hold the 2 RF relays, mount the relays with Silicone
rubber adhesive as per  <http://www.somis.org/relay-mtg.html>, allow to
cure a day or two, remove the original 2  relays, connect the Fig 7
<http://www.somis.org/HSS-diagram.jpg>  circuit and the new relays to
the points indicated.