[Amps] Re: 5 kw amps -- why?

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ k5uj at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 20 09:03:58 EDT 2004

Interesting analogies.  I am in a mildly amusing situation where I'm feeling
a little like a QRP operator who has announced the FCC should change the
legal limit to 5 watts.  Anyway, Art, I'm the wrong one to be asking these
questions, hi.  I drive a 17 year old Corolla clone that may do 80 mph but
not all day, and struggles up a hill (glad I live in nice flat Illinois).
My ham station is probably worth way more than my car (I like my sense of
priorities).  Further, I have never understood why anyone in the U.S. would
buy a Lamborghini, a car that can go over the speed limit here in 1st gear.
What a waste of a wonderful automobile, which would get beat to death on a
lot of our roads.  But anyway, time to move on--i have to put in a bid on
WABC's MW50A
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=132&item=5527560239)

just kidding
73,