[Amps] Blowing off steam

Rob & Terri Sherwood rob at sherweng.com
Wed Oct 20 22:57:46 EDT 2004

NC0B wrote:
I don't see that there is a problem on eBay.  I have a 282 rating, which
means my wife and I have bought or sold at least that many items. I have
been cheated only once for $15.00 from a local guy who never sent me a
copy of WordPerfect, and he would not let me pick it up at his
location.  Just like with John,  I decide what an items is worth to me,
and I either win or loose.  On the selling side, no one has ever been
unhappy or cheated me.  I have even had a ham ship me an IC-781 before
he even got my check.  Similarly, I was sent an eBay HP 8662A signal
generator for my inspection, after which I sent the $3000.  Now these
are unusual examples, but they happened.  If some one has a program or
contracts with a bidding service, so what. If they are willing to get
into a bidding war, that is their risk.