[Amps] Tentec TITAN III vs ALPHA99

Will Matney craxd1 at ezwv.com
Mon Oct 25 16:33:51 EDT 2004

Carlos,

Have you taken a look at the new QRO amplifiers? Internally, I actually
like them better than either the Ten-Tec or the Alpha. No matter what,
all amps fail after a while, and to me the QRO is easiest to work on.
Even though the other two may have a big name, I'll bet you'll end up
cursing them if maintenance is ever needed. That's just my opinion
though and I'd recommend you take a look at all the pictures at the QRO
website. Then, compare them to the internals of the Alpha and Ten-Tec.
Notice their layouts and how the parts are accessed. Plus, the QRO amps
are using the cheaper Russian tetrodes now.

QRO website:  http://www.qrotec.com/

Best & 73's

Will Matney