[Amps] Tentec TITAN III vs ALPHA99

Jason Buchanan jsb at digistar.com
Mon Oct 25 17:03:09 EDT 2004

>> Hi all
>> I am EA1DGZ my name is Carlos I am trying to make up my mind for a
>> new amplifier and after searching and reading on the internet and
>> talking to people, I am in between the Alpha99 and the Tentec
>> TitanIII. I would like to know if you could help me to make the final
>> decission in between any of these two amps.
>>
>> I really dont know in terms of quality of components which one to
>> buy, but I am sure that people in this Forum could help me a little bit.
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Carlos EA1DGZ
>> ea1dgz at ure.es

The ACOM 1000A and 2000 models are quite nice also.  I've seen constant
1000W output key down for quite a long time with the 1000A model.
Exhaust temp gets warm but the amp puts out full power - the demo 1000A
I played with went through a couple DX expeditions as well.  ACOM 1000A
will produce about 1200W PEP with 220VAC mains.

73 Jason N1SU