[Amps] GU43B amp for 2m ?

Will Matney craxd1 at ezwv.com
Tue Oct 26 11:51:25 EDT 2004

Trian,

Yea, it's a 2 meter amp. I don't like what he done on the tune and load
capacitors. I think that amp will have problems arcing. There should
have been a full sheet of Teflon plastic across each plate instead of
those little spacers on the ends (my opinion). This tube is hard to
mount due to the fact it has the coaxial ring connections all on the
same plane. Easily made copper clamps cant be used here, and finger
stock is about the only method to use like he's done. If one set down
and studied this though, a different solution might be found.

Will Matney