[Amps] How do I determine Class

Jim Isbell millenniumfalcon at cableone.net
Wed Sep 1 11:22:05 EDT 2004

  This is EXACTLY the answer I needed.  The amp uses a pair of 4-125As
and the screens are at "350V - 400V"   Plates at "2000V - 3000V" (but no
terminating resistor) so I guess that makes it a class AB1 linear.  The
screen grids have several bypass caps to ground but no resistor.  The
signal is fed to the control grids through the MB-40-L and the plate
circuit is prety normal..

Just what I needed for my vintage shack linear.