[Amps] Question about low frequency tank coil forms?

Will Matney craxd1 at ezwv.com
Fri Sep 3 16:44:50 EDT 2004

Jason,
I think you misunderstand, I'm speaking of slotting or drilling the
insulated core/form and not the conductor. This would allow air to pass
through the insulated form, around the back side of the coils, in spots
determined by the slots or holes. The holes or slots would have to be
small enough so the the wire wouldn't have flat spots on a roller
inductor so the roller would keep in contact with the wire coil. I would
think 1/4" holes in a staggered pattern would allow 14 to 12 gage wire
to remain circular around the core. Matter of fact, you could plug off
one side of the tubular core and put forced air in the other end. This
would force air out of the holes in behind the turns of the coil making
the core a plenum.

Will Matney