[Amps] Free or almost free chassis

Jim Isbell millenniumfalcon at cableone.net
Sun Sep 5 14:37:25 EDT 2004

Recently I posted about using a computer power switch box with monitor,
computer, printer, Aux 1 and Aux 2 switches and line filters etc. to
power the S-Line station to save the power switches on the Collins rig.
I got the impression from responses that I received that it was old news
and I had just reinvented the wheel.  Well, risking further ridicule I
will comment on something else I just found on the off chance that there
is someone out there that is slower than me and still doesn't doesn't
know.....#8-)

There are at least two different computer manufacturers that produced
desk top towers that happen to be 14.25" tall.  Just the same height as
a 75S and a 32S stacked.  If you have a computer with your S-Line this
would look nice beside a "stack" especially if you painted it with
S-Line colors.  In the alternative, if you want to add some circuitry
that you don't have, such as an AM transmitter to compliment the 75S's
AM capability, an antenna tuner, or what ever you think you need, the
case would make a nice chassis that would look nice next to the S-Line
stack.

These are available at every thrift store, Goodwill, and off the curb
for little or nothing.