[Amps] a 'circuits' question

Dan Sawyer dansawyer at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 8 22:21:14 EDT 2004

Steve,

Thank you. I was trying to drive the MOSFET in the linear region. I
figured gm would be accurate for the linear region and that bias
adjustment would be accurate for a particular initial condition. I was
speculating that even given those two points the shape of the drive
curve might not be identical. Is this true??

I have a dual trace scope, one channel connected to the gate and one
drain. The result is a pretty clear picture of what the bias and drive
points are.

Thanks,
Dan