[Amps] Panasonic tube radio

Jim Isbell millenniumfalcon at cableone.net
Sun Sep 12 10:09:40 EDT 2004

In the late 50s when I started, almost everything was home brew or
modified Surplus.  If you had commercial gear it was because you were
either wealthy or had a wealthy ham friend who was upgrading and liked
you a lot.  My first commercial gear was an NE-6 (12 watts on 6 meters)
transmitter that a good friend gave me because he felt sorry for me with
a ticket and no gear.  I then homebrewed (from scratch) a converter for
the car radio to put 50.0 to 51.0 on the car broadcast band.