[Amps] Questions about Amp Supply LK-450

R.Measures r at somis.org
Sun Sep 12 10:34:13 EDT 2004

On Sep 12, 2004, at 7:28 AM, Keith E. Spainhour wrote:

> Hello,
> I recently purchased a Amp Supply LK-450. It seems to be a good amp,
> with
> the exceptions of a few problems. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> 160m seems to have a low output, around 550 watts.

Keith -- The problem is probably being caused by the Tune-C and Load-C
padders on 160m.  The original disk ceramic padding capacitors need to
be replaced with RF-current-rated capacitors that are intended for
tuned circuit applications.  note -- common 500pF and 1000pF doorknob
caps are not intended for tuned circuit applications.  When all is
well, you should see c. 750w-pep on 160m.

> The tuned input seems to
> have little effect on input SWR. although the input SWR is around 1.2
> 1.5. according to my MFJ analyzer.

At what power level was the SWR measurement taken?