[Amps] Re: ARCO compression trimmer caps - I Use Tinnerman Nuts

Dennis12Amplify at aol.com Dennis12Amplify at aol.com
Sun Sep 12 15:03:45 EDT 2004

For what it's worth:

I once purchased a box full of assorted 'Tinnerman' fasteners at a hamfest
here in the Chicago area.

(Looked like possible floor sweepings from the Tinnmerman factory, but I
didn't care because I was purchasing what I considered to be a 'lifetime' supply
of fasteners for only about $5.)

 In that box were a few of each of many hundereds of different types of
Tinnerman fasteners; which included many different sizes of 'Tinnerman' style nuts;
which are just stamped steel items that are really too thin to be threaded,
and are purposly cut and bent in a way that would allow them to be used in
place of a 'real' threaded nut.

 I have successfully used them to hold those oddball threaded devices to
panels in my projects.

 Among those devices I have successfully used them on were some panel mount
Arco Compression Mica Trimmers.

 I just find one (stamped Tinnerman style nut) that's a close fit and start
threading it on to the shaft.

 The stamped steel either bends slightly to conform to the existing threads,
or if the steel is harder than the shaft, it cuts it's own threads; but in
either case I end up with a securely fastened device.

 Regards,

Dennis O.