[Amps] tube glowed red when grid resister blew on sb-220

R.Measures r at somis.org
Mon Sep 13 05:24:25 EDT 2004

Dan --- When a 3-500Z's grid fusing resistor blows, either the tube is
loosing it's vacuum, the anode cooler spot-welds have broken (allowing
loose anode to contact grid), or there has been an intermittent  VHF
oscillation which produced a surge in grid-I.   A purple/blue glow
suggests that there's air inside the tube.  cheerz