[BULK] - Re: [Amps] Applying HV during Warmup

Joe Isabella n3ji at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 17 14:12:17 EDT 2004

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the HV come up almost instantly after the amp is turned on?  I use GLASS tubes, so I'm not an expert on these fancy ceramics, but I think the delay circuit keeps the amp from being keyed so it can't be driven until the timer expires.  Or is the HV off until the timer expires, too??  That's why I like my graphite 3-500Zs -- 4KV @ 1A with nearly instant warmup and easy 2kW output.  And less than $300 for two...

BTW, what exactly *WAS* the definition or "is"??  :-)

Joe,
N3JI

Steve Katz <stevek at jmr.com> wrote:

> Suppose the word "and" was replaced with the word "or". Quite a
> difference, isn't there? I suspect that is what the writer actually
> intended.

"It depends on your definition of 'is'..." - Bill Clinton