[AMPS] floating a filament transformer

Vic Rosenthal vic at rakefet.com
Fri Sep 17 20:17:04 EDT 2004

carl seyersdahl wrote:

>   what would be the parameters for the toroid , for say , 8 or 10 amps ,
> other than the size to accomodate the required wire size.???

Type 61 ferrite should work on 160-10 meters.  I would wind enough turns to get
a reactance equal to at least 5 or 10x the input impedance of the amp at 160
meters.  Amidon FT-240-61 is 2.4" in diameter, so it should be big enough.  I
have used their R61-050-750 1/2" dia. x 7.5" ferrite rods successfully.  Type 61
  is speced for 0.2-15 MHz but works fine in this application at 28 MHz.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco