[Amps] Equalising resistors with HV diodes

peter.chadwick at Zarlink.Com peter.chadwick at Zarlink.Com
Wed Sep 22 02:49:51 EDT 2004

Rich said:

>Bzzzzzzzt.  I should have said ... ... the die of the 1000v diode must
>be much larger.

Why? Die area is related to the current: voltage to the diffusion profile.
So is the gamma, the  factorr elating reverse volatge and capacitance.

I didn't intend to come to work today, as I'm about to travel, but I had to
pick something up, so you've got an unexpected response.

But of course, (tongue in cheek) to avoid diode problems, they mustn't be
on the left side of the equipment.......

If that needs explaining, see
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/hitchhikers/index.shtml

Back next week

73 Peter G3RZP