[BULK] - RE: [BULK] - [Amps] Equalising resistors with HV dio des

Steve Katz stevek at jmr.com
Wed Sep 22 13:44:58 EDT 2004

There aren't any mysteries in P-N junction physics or chemistry, but most
hams don't know (or need to know) much about it.  I've been reading the
thread here a bit and some of the stuff stated is rooted in mythology, but
it's been great reading.  My old curve tracer removes a lot of guesswork,
and they're available surplus (not eBay!) for just a couple of hundred
dollars in working condx; more handy than a hipot tester since it gives you
a steady visual display of what the junction's really doing.  You can get
out a $10 hair dryer and see the effect of heat, or a freeze mist spray and
see the effect of cold.  Right there on the screen...cool stuff.  -WB2WIK/6