[Amps] Line Sections As Plate Lines

jeff millar wa1hco at adelphia.net
Thu Sep 23 19:19:01 EDT 2004

Any coincidence between 1/4 wave in free space and the actual length of
the 1/2 wave line is purely an accident of the numbers. The line is best
modeled as an inductor to with caps at each end that resonants at 144
MHz. A line less than 1/4 wave long appears as an inductance that
depends on its length and impedance.

jeff, wa1hco