[Amps] Refurbishing a Henry 3K Classic II

Theo Bellamy Theo.Bellamy at Spirittelecom.com
Mon Apr 4 15:32:00 EDT 2005

I have a Henry 3K Classic II that hasn't been turned on in over ten years. I
am hoping to get it on the air again. Any input or ideas on the following
questions would be most welcome:

1. What type of cleaner and lube is best for the chain drives?
2. Should I attempt to clean and/or lube the variable inductor? It moves
very freely and looks clean, but I am a bit concerned about oxidation or
tarnish.
3. Do the contacts that engage the fixed tune caps ever need burnishing?
3. Should I let the tube "cook" for a while before applying B+? If so, for
how long? It is a 3CX1200.

Anything I should look for specifically? Haven't worked on a Henry before.
Seems like a pretty nice amp.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

73,
Theo K4MO