[Amps] email the Agilent lawyer .... no manuals on BAMA

Will Matney craxd1 at ezwv.com
Mon Apr 25 13:56:53 EDT 2005

John,

My letter to Agilent;

Hello,

I am writing about the letter you wrote to BAMA who hosts FREE technical literature, schematics, and manuals for test equipment, for anyone who needs them. I think that what was done, was the most under-handed thing I have ever seen any company do! Your company does not even supply those any more. The only thing I can think is that Agilent is so hard up, they would rather people throw away their old usable equipment and buy new. I at one time had great respect for the HP/Agilent equipment. However, when time comes to buy new again, I highly doubt it will be from your company. I use expensive test equipment here to service amateur radio equipment, and to test our magnetic components I manufacture. I can assure you that over this very stunt, I will buy elsewhere. The letter your wrote, is now all over the internet, and rightly so. The damage you have done to your own self, buy doing this, was well deserved. I do hope someone else will host these where U.S. copyright law does not extend. Matter of fact, I do know where, and if possible, I will ask that they be hosted. I would think that someone practicing law, would have better use of their time than harassing ones who help others.

Sincerely,

Will Matney, owner
Amateur Transformer & Supply