[Amps] email the Agilent lawyer .... no manuals on BAMA

Larry Keith kq4by at rocketmail.com
Mon Apr 25 13:22:25 EDT 2005

If you are going to write to the lawyer, I suggest you consider how your
e-mail will be received.

If you want HP/Agilent to reconsider the decision, then some kind words
about their equipment along with information about how hams use
old/discontinued equipment to support the public service aspects of our
hobby might help.  If you include comments about how BAMA can provide this
data and reduce the customer service efforts at HP/Agilent; that might help
also. And, If you make the point that BAMA voluntarily provides this
service, with no profit motive; that might help.

If you point out that Rockwell-Collins has an arrangement with an Amateur
Radio Organization to provide web-based dissemination of their manuals, that
might make the HP folks want to reconsider.

If you explain that providing this data, via BAMA, is good public relations
for an investor-owned company, that might get their attention.

You also might want to consider the fact that lawyers don't make such
decisions; they just write the letters.

However, if you want to vent your frustrations in an email to the lawyer, I
will bet my antenna fund that the email goes into the bit bucket and the
recipients) will feel that the decision to enforce his legal rights is
correct.

So, tell them how you feel but be aware of the consequences.

73,

Larry
KQ4BY