[Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 32, Issue 12: Metric system

Keith Dutson kdutson at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 4 11:45:52 EDT 2005

>I was trying to build a 2M antenna out of the 2001 Handbook, the dimensions
are in MM, but I could never get it done, I would cut the elements off to
the correct MM length in the morning, but by afternoon and 100 degree heat,
they were too many MM long, so I had to cut them again,next morning, I
checked and they were too short so I had to throw them all away and start
again.

Most measurements are specified at standard ambient temperature and pressure
(STP).  In layman's terms this means the measurement should be taken at room
temperature (70ish F) and sea level (29.5ish in Hg).  Obviously, for metals,
the pressure is not a significant factor.

73, Keith