[Amps] Conversion Nightmare

Will Matney craxd1 at verizon.net
Fri Aug 5 02:35:29 EDT 2005

Hal,

I thought about using old Wily E. Coyote in a logo for my shop. Though Warner Brothers, I think it is, would sue sure as he!!. Anyhow if I could have found an artist to draw him, I thought of having him standing at a bench with a big wooden ACME crate open on top. Then see a transformer setting beside it he just unpacked. I always did enjoy that cartoon as a kid. Now these parenting actavists have about all these cartoons either banned, or edited all to pieces because they say they are too violent! I never did push somebody off a cliff while they was holding dynamite, though I thought about it, I never done it :  ) I think I was still pretty yong, say in my 20's when that started the editing. There's too many psychiatrists with their hands into too many things, and too many folks have gotten too panzy in my opinion. However, we now have all these other cartoons about war, etc, where they blow up everything, not meant to be funny that the kids watch, so what happened? They don't holler about canceling them! At least old Wily Coyote and Bugs Bunny were meant to be funny, and to be taken seriously. I can not fugure out some of the human race no matter how I go about it sometimes. Now, people wonder why their kids grow up the way they do, I know why, it was from canceling the old cartoons and putting the viloence of war in front of them as cartoons!

Anyhow, the bike your mentioning, I think I would have changed every fastiner I could to inch here. They are more available everywhere you go here in the US. I have seen some hardware stores not carry metric fasteners because they say the don't turn over enough. I do the conversion on a lot of things I buy for that reason and having to use one set of tools for everything.

I need to get up with you too. I may be coming down that way shortly, and thought I'd drop by.

Best,

Will