[Amps] Relative influence of components to tonal quality (Was: Wrong Business)

gdaught6@stanford.edu gdaught6 at stanford.edu
Fri Aug 5 11:52:07 EDT 2005

On 5 Aug 2005 at 7:35, R.Measures wrote:

> On Aug 5, 2005, at 6:46 AM, Karl-Arne Markström wrote:

< snip >

> > To say nothing of the pure silver power cords that some specified.
>
> Gold connectors are apparently required to get the "best sound" out of
> silver wire.  I recall an audio magazine job opportunity ad for a
> "creative ad-copy writer" by a company that manufactures expensive
> audio cables  (Monster Cable, Inc.)

I have occasionally used lengths of Monster Cable between the
filament transformer and the tube socket.  It is very flexible for
its size, and easy to work with.  It can sometimes be picked up
inexpensively at flea markets, garage sales, etc.

Then I sit back and wait for glowing reports of my audio!!  ;>)

73,

George T. Daughters, K6GT