[Amps] Sort Start

Rich rdjmgmt at socket.net
Tue Aug 9 12:15:01 EDT 2005

Gentleman, I have started bread boarding my power supply.  So far I have
it set for the filament transformer and fan to come on first, run for 3
( adjustable ) min then kick in a relay for 0 to280v to the HV trans , I
have a 50ohm 100 watt resistor in line for 10 sec then full voltage (as
set by the autotransformer) to the HV transformer.
The caps bank will be 33uF at 6000vdc ( 3 caps 100mF 2000vdc each ),
transformer will be set 3000 to 40000vdc.
Before I bolt it all down and hard wire it do I need a soft start for
the filament?
The tube is a 4-1000a

Rich , kd0zz