[Amps] BK Precision Test Equipment

Will Matney craxd1 at verizon.net
Thu Aug 18 17:59:23 EDT 2005

David,

Yea, I don't like the part they have their either on copyrights. However, ones storing them, or giving them away, I've never seen anything said. Even on ebay, they sell used manuals, and some copies all the time. I think the ones that was aimed at were the ones selling them on the net as manual companies. They would buy a new manual for say $25 and run it through a copier, then turn around and sell it for $10 or so undercutting BK Manuals. Free copies, you can be assured they're not after, or was the way they spoke to me. So Bama and others wont have to worry. The company is fully aware of the ones hosting any now and they've never said a word that I know of. It's more about any who tries to profit from it by buying the new manuals, and reselling the copies in my opinion. You've got to figure, they made a pretty good size investment there and they want to look after their business. You also pay for the quality of the manuals. The ones from BK Manuals are good original copies of the old with 11 X 17 prints on a lot of equipment. One has to look at; do I download a free manual and hope I can read the prints, or buy a new one where I can for sure? Bama will be the first to tell you, don't gripe over quality, as you have to accept what you get.

One thing in BK Manuals defense is that a good bit of the old equipment is going to be built again, with some updates. That equipment to me was way better than some of this import stuff is. I could see them saying something about manuals on new equipment, or equipment they were going to bring back, the same as Agilents new. Agilent only agreed to old outdated manuals to be hosted. If it weren't for the complaints a while back, they wouldn't be any legally free Agilent/HP manuals on the net at all. Any new equipment manuals from Agilent will be more than anything BK charges too I'd about bet. As for other companies like Tektronix, and others, I don't know what their policies are.

The manuals though, I have no part of, and will not have. I can only speak for the repair buisness for where it is at this time. Even the new equipment has to be bought through a distributor (if your a reseller), or dealer. Neither of those I am but intend on selling as a dealer later on.

Best,

Will