[Amps] Plate Choke

zl1aih@ihug.co.nz zl1aih at ihug.co.nz
Fri Aug 26 01:52:31 EDT 2005

Alex said - ". Another forgotten solution is to
place the feed choke at the 50 ohms end of the pi network. With 50 ohms in
parallel the Q is lowered so much as to become insignificant and the
frequency covered without series resonances is broadened accordingly"

The JRC Model JRS-501K transmitter places the feed choke at the 50 ohms
end of a pi-L network - frequency range 1.6 mHz to 29.999 mHz continuous,
auto-tune, 5kW output.   Having 5.5kV across both C1 and C2 is a small
price to pay for continuous coverage.   The blocking cap is 2500pF at 20kV.
There is a large red notice on the door warning of 5.5 kV as far as the
directional coupler.
Hopefully, when I have converted this unit to single-phase operation at legal
limit, (not a trivial exercise, <G>) I'll post the results to the reflector.
73, Ken ZL1AIH